Smoked Fish (Tinapa) Flakes Dumplings
Tinapa (smoked fish) is a Filipino favorite. Usually served with tomatoes and eggs, tinapa has become popular due to its smoky and salty flavors. With a little creativity, the culinary versatility of Tinapa can be broad. Here’s a recipe that takes the flavors of Tinapa to create another Filipino favorite, dumplings.
Flakes of 1 Tinapa
1 sprig spring onions
1 small bell pepper (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 small red onion (minced)
1 tbsp calamansi juice
1 pack Wanton Wrapper, small
Gourmet Farms Oriental Dressing (as needed)
1. Mix Tinapa flakes, spring onions, bell pepper, garlic, and red onion in a bowl.
2. Season with pepper, salt, calamansi juice, and Gourmet’s Oriental Dressing.
3. Scoop out little portions in wanton sheets and fold in half to create triangular wantons. Place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes each side.
4. Place in a platter and brush the dumplings with a little sesame oil.
5. Serve with Gourmet Farms Garlic Dressing or Oriental Dressing on the side as dip.
Enjoy and share!