Spicy Hot Volcano Microwave Ice Cream Cake with Pepperoncini
by Chef Vino Santos
Ice cream cake! How can you say NO? Especially since you don’t have to be a pastry chef to make this super yummy treat. It’s so easy you can do it in the office! You only need simple ingredients and a microwave. The instructions are easy to follow. So yes, you can have your ice cream cake and eat it too!
1 pint of you favorite Ice Cream (I used a chocolate and vanilla with choco chips flavored ice cream)
½ cup of chocolate fudge or cake mix
1 tsp Gourmet Farms Pepperoncini™
Here’s how to make it:
- The fun part, eat the ice cream halfway!
- Take a scoop of ice cream using an ice cream scooper and place in a freezer.
- Using the highest setting on your microwave, melt the ice cream in the same pint for 30 seconds.
- While ice cream is in the microwave, take your knife and slit the cover of the pint to create a “steam vent”
- Once ice cream is melted, add the cake mix and pepperoncini and stir until you have a thick batter. Place back the cover and cook in the microwave for 2 ½ minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the cake in the pint with a knife and pop it out by inverting the pint onto a plate.
- Serve with the scoop of ice cream on top
Share this recipe. Your friends will love you for it!