Pesto Tuna and Couscous “Sushi Rolls”
by Chef Vino Santos
A delightful fusion of Japanese, Italian, and Greek — sushi, pesto, couscous. We’re going international with this one!
1 Sushi grade Tuna fillet (frozen may be used.)
1 tbsp. Gourmet Farms Pesto Sauce™
½ cup of Couscous
½ cup of hot water or stock
4 sheets of nori wrapper
a handful of alfalfa sprouts
4 tsp. horseradish
juice of 1 lemon
For the Couscous Pesto:
1. Put couscous in a bowl and slowly add water while mixing the couscous.
2. Mix pesto sauce and set aside and let it cool.
For the Sushi:
1. Marinate the tuna with lemon juice for 3 minutes.
2. Slice the tuna lengthwise and make 4 strips.
3. Place 1 tbsp or so of the Couscous pesto on the nori sheet and spread it halfway through the sheet.
4. Brush a tsp. of horseradish in the middle of the couscous and place 1 strip of tuna on top and alfalfa sprouts beside the tuna.
5. Using a bamboo mat, start rolling up from the end with fillings. Lift the bamboo mat and roll tightly. Wet the strip at the end and push gently to seal the edges. Slice into two or three pieces using a sharp, wet knife.
Share the recipe and let others enjoy this wonderful dish too!