By Chef Iñigo Pastrana
Sambong is an herbal plant that grows wild in tropical countries including the Philippines. It has a long history in traditional medicine as a diuretic and analgesic. Because of its blood cleansing properties, Sambong is commonly used to treat hypertension and mild to moderate congestive heart failure. It is also effective in expelling in intestinal parasites. With all those medicinal properties packed into each teabag, who knew that it could also be served as a refreshing summer drink?
Make a drink for yourself today!
2-3 pcs. strawberries
2-3 pcs. red grape
2 oz. grape juice
2 oz. sambong tea
2 oz. strawberry juice
1 oz. simple syrup
3 – 4 rose petals (or any other flower that has a bright color)
a dash of grenadine
- Put 2 teabags of Gourmet Farms Sambong Tea in a cup of hot water. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- To create your syrup, dissolve white sugar in warm water. Set aside.
- Put ice, red grapes and strawberries alternately in the glass.
- Add the strawberry juice, syrup and sambong tea.
- Drizzle some grenadine.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and petals.
Sambong Herbal Tea₱120.00